Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to buy a bag?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by captainmorgan, Jun 22, 2006.

1. I'm looking for a waterproof/semi-waterproof bag that I can tie onto the pillion (I don't have a rack and I don't want one). Can anyone suggest anywhere online or in Melbourne, and I don't want any of these bags that are overpriced.

2. go in to Kmart or such and buy a back pack and a tin of spray on water proof.
  3. I just bought a tank bag off ebay.

$59 + postage

Looks the goods :)
  4. Wanna share the link/bag so we can get an idea Vic? :)
  5. i bought a really good caribee bag from myer
    59$ i think it was, it's a slim small waterproof backpack :)
  6. http://tinyurl.com/jxou8

That one is a small.

I got the next size up.

This one's main compartment is 12cm high, mine is 17cm high.
    It measures 20 cm high x 30 cm wide.

Good quality too :)
  7. Why didn't I think of that? those moochin pillions :LOL:
  8. I have the small tank bag Vic posted, it's a little ripper! They are bloody strongly made and it will hold my lunchbox, wallet, keys, phone, a pair of gloves and stil have some spare room for a tyre pump and some bits and pieces.

Regards, Andrew.
  9. I use a back pack I bought from Aussie Disposals for $45.

It says it's waterproof but just in case, any important things I just put into a plastic bag before it goes in the back pack.
  10. I got an awesome back pack for riding at kathmandu seconds in smith street......

its opening is on the inside so it cannot fly open when riding and stuff was around 60 buks! if i knew how to post pics i would.

fantastic back pack!
  11. I have found the best thing to put under it to stop the bag from scratching the tank.

BIGW have a roll of this rubber matting that is used as a non slip base for the bottom of kitchen draws. It's foamy rubber and is thin enough that the magnets will still work through it.

There are 2 sizes and the larger one covers the entire footprint of the bag. The roll is long enough to do 2-3 bags at a guess for <$12.
    I will grab a roll tomorrow, place it under the bag and cut it out.
    Then I'm tipping a few small dabs of silicone or hot melt glue should keep it attached to the bottom of the bag. If any dirt does get under the bag it should fall in the holes of the rubber mat and simply sit there as opposed to being trapped between the paint and the bag.

At the end of the day you will not avoid scratches, just minimise them.

Once I have it all sorted I'll post a report ;)
  12. Vic so u got the next size up for mr percival I hope u can fit all your bits in it :shock: