Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where to buy 2000 or early 2001 750 F4 MV Agusta

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by ogrilp400, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Dear All,
    I am in the market to buy a second hand late model Italian motorcycle. The question is where should I be looking.
    Bikesales, ebay, and Gumtree are three places I have been looking but surely there must be more bikes for sale that what are listed in these three. Bikepoint is merely a copy of bike sales. Just bikes has next to nothing and is so stagnant, the same bikes have been there for years. Trading post again has nothing moving. Am I missing a place to look?

2. Italy?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Mate this is my speciality - what are you looking for (make/type/years/budget etc)? Essentially those are the spots you can look, but you could also contact the dealers directly and ask around, or pop a post here with what you're looking for. Sir LancelotSir Lancelot is selling his Moto Guzzi in the sales section on here.
  4. I am looking for a 2000 or early 2001 750 F4 MV Agusta 1+1 in good original condition with reasonably low kilometers. I missed out on one for $6000, fair enough I just missed out. Missed another, just wrong place at the wrong time. Was organising payment and transport for another and the seller sold it out from under me. They are selling for $8000, but there is some that sit for many many months unsold at prices way above that. I'm reluctant to go looking at dealers as they put their cut on top of the realistic price. I know they are not a common bike but I have the money ready to go and will purchase the right bike. I am about to put wanted ads here and Aussie street bikes. Thanks for contacting me. Ken.
  5. Cheers Ken,

Tough one to find indeed, only 1 for sale that I see - in VIC for $9k and looks modified.

Have you tried the MV forum? For Sale/Wanted - MV Related Items Only ! - MVAgusta.net
  6. #6 ogrilp400, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    Yes, I pick the tough ones. Yes the one down here is modified and he doesn't have the standard exhaust. I was fairly seething when the bloke sold the one from under me.

The only MV forum that I am aware of is the international one and although I do have an ad up on it its extremely unlikely that I will find one there.
  7. If you're in VIC, the MV crowd are doing another ride day up at Kinglake soon. Maybe you could head up there and test some new bikes (because why wouldn't you!), but also see who rocks up and chat to them, you might get lucky and find someone who owns one and wants to get a nwerer version. Slim chance but at least getting out for a ride is more fun that web searching!! Plus chat to the MV guys and see if they can put ear to ground.

Otherwise seems like this is going to be a Herculean task. Good luck!
  8. #8 ogrilp400, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2016
    Thanks mate.

chillibutton, where did you see mentioned that the MV crowd were having a ride day at King Lake? I googled it and the only mention I see was October last year.

Yes I have an ad on there that has 96 views and no replies.
  9. Feb 20

2016 MV Agusta National Demo Event
  10. Plus you get a free t shirt lol
  11. Try the facebook forum MV Agusta Club Sydney.

There are quite a few non Sydney siders on there that could help.

Donsy on the MVAgusta.net forum has been on the forum forever and knows most of the people on the forum - he might be able to help
  12. This year the MV Agusta demo event is not at Kinglake but at their Knoxfield store.

I'm going to have a look as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. How big a hurry are you in to get this bike?

It might be worth your while to contact Steve at:-
    Old Gold Motorcycles
  14. No big hurry so I might contact them. Thanks CC