Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where should I go?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by Gyroside, Sep 24, 2016.

1. So I have 3 days off with the missus starting tomorrow and and want to head to a beach I'm think north of Sydney as it will be a bit warmer.
    We're based in the Blue Mountains and want to find a nice spot that has reasonable acomodation and a nice route to get there probibly within 350km as she on her L's and would prefer to take the long way to a closer place as opposed to any long freeway runs.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Cheers

Gyro

2. Port Macquarie or Tuncurry/Foster: Putty rd then head to Dungog, onto Stroud Hill rd, then onto The Bucketts Way up to Gloucester. Continue on The Bucketts Way to Tuncurry/Foster (& drop into the National Motorcycle Museum at Nabiac), or head up on Thunderbolts Way to Walcha & then ride the Oxley Hwy down to Port Macquarie.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nelson Bay at Port Stephens via Putty Road and Hunter Valley might be a short-run option?

4. davdav thats definatley a ride I'm keen on though I don't think she'd be up for that kind of distance yet. The furthest she's ridden in a day so far is 270km and she was pretty spent after. so will build up to that one. All I really knew was that I wanted to go up thunderbolt way and down the Oxley highway thanks for filling in the start of the route for me much appreciated.

XJ6NXJ6N having a look at iton the map now 332kms I think this might be the haven't been to Nelson Bay since was a kid.
    Do you happen to know of any bike friendly accommodation in the area?

This weather isn't necessarily looking the Best for tomorrow but fingers crossed

5. The nice apartment I've stayed at several times is in Weatherly Close, Little Beach with views facing the headlands and entry passage to Port Stephens, has secure garage parking and is about five minute's ride from Nelson Bay. Unfortunately it looks to be booked solid for the school holidays. You might try contacting Winning Holidays real estate who manage that and quite a number of others in the area.