Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

where should i buy a full set of gear in melbourne?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by hippo, Jul 23, 2007.

1. howdy all,

i've got a budget of about 1500-2000 to get a complete set of gear (or at least, helmet, jacket, pants, boots and gloves)

any suggestions on where to get good, affordable stuff? (in melbourne, or the south east area)

2. I get most of my stuff at sharptune in dandy, pay $10 and become one of there 'prefered' customers and get a discount on all your purchases, they will also price match and order stuff in for you.
  3. I bought all my stuff from Riders Edge in Heidelberg Heights. Because they knew I was getting all my stuff there they gave me large discounts. They will order in anything you want and are very nice.
  4. +1 for the guys at Riders Edge the only thing is that they deal in dirt bike gear mainly but will order in anything for you in good time and call to let you know they have it. Any bike store in Melbourne should do you a good deal though if you buy the lot from them.
  5. bike mart in ringwood, become a member of netrider and save save save! :cool: :cool:
  6. Congrats on getting your Ls, Hippo :woot:

+1. They have a good womens range too, which can be hard to find at other stores. Although I bought all my gear from Metro (just around the corner from Bikemart) in Ringwood. They've treated me very well with price.

However, if you buy your bike from a shop, they generally give you 10% off gear as well.
  7. :WStupid:
  8. 16% off at Peter Stevens if you buy 2 bikes and the accessories manager is in a good mood.
    Or maybe it's cos I'm always buying stuff there. Or just good looking. :grin: :p
  9. ooh i shall try out sharptune since it's close and i'm still housebound lol
  10. Well next to sharptune there is peter stevens and not far is redwing honda I think.