Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where oh where is the VTR250 oil filter??

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by oofo, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Hello. I used to own a VTR250, but when I did, I never really did any servicing of my own on it. I have since owned 3 other bikes and have since learnt how to do most things myself on the other bikes I owned, but one question always bugged me about the VTR250:

Where on earth is the oil filter on the VTR250? It isn't in the usual spot at the front of the engine block like on most other jap bikes, and even closely looking at one in the shop now, I can't work out where the damn thing is! It's going to keep me awake at night until I find out, I'm sure...curiosity might kill the cat, but I really want to know before I go insane!

2. does it have one? my cb doesn't have one :) at least not one i have to change every time i change the oil...

3. On the bottom of the motor, there's a round 'cap' about 8 cm in diameter next to the sump plug, take this off and there it is!!!

4. Thanks for the info...I can sleep at night now. :)

Now all I need to do is find my bike, or buy another one...