Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where is the Engine Number on a 675?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Tam, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Feeling rather thick here but where is the Eng number stamped on a daytona 675? Also if a bike is a historically a repairable write off then what are the rules? Its been awhile.

2. Not sure of the location, though generally speaking it should be in an easy to read location.
    There is quite a bit of info in the politics section of this forum on written off bikes.

This doesn't make much sense to me.
    Though if it's a repairable write off you need to get it repaired and certified that it's meets standards again before you can register.
    If it's been written off before then registered, I think that you can register as per normal since it's been checked before.
    If you need to check the write off status on it then you need to run a revs check.
  3. Thanks Geeth.
    I will look there. Not here often. Get lost easily **goofy**

It's a repairable write off that appears certified as its currently NSW reg'd. I need reg transfer to Vic.

I however don't seem to have correct eng ID hence trying to figure out where the stamp is and IF it is certified where is that info kept? eg it used to have eng ID xyz and now has xyy.

All in all numbers currently not matching = scary buy.
  4. Can I just say I love that avatar!
  5. Mate its been a few years since I sold them. But if I remember rightly it's on the right hand side. Top of the casing.
  6. once you get the engine number call triumph, they should be able to tell you if it matches the VIN