Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where in QLD should I go??

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Burg, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Hey all,
    me and the missus are looking at taking a ride up the coast to QLD to make it there before New Years. Its just going to be us, a tent, and a couple sleepin bags. Can anyone suggest a nice caravan pk or campsite in QLD that will be idea for New Years. The missus really wanted to go to Noosa but as far as I can tell there is no place to camp in Noosa that is real close to the action.

Any suggestion for a Noosa-like location?

2. A bit further south there's quite a bit of camping at Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast, which is not bad though you'd need to book early I imagine. Not much of a camper, honestly, so hopefully there are others who can help more/better.
  3. If you want the beach, there's a water-side caravan park in Caloundra (not far south of Noosa). Here's a link to their site: Hibiscus Holiday Park

If you're after more country, head for Kenilworth State Forest. Great camping area in there right near Booloumba Creek.

You might have left your run late for bookings at either place, but you never know.
  4. I would suggest any camping grounds around the coast or GC hinterland so you can see the twin towns fireworks display, a must see if your up here for new years. Though as cookeetree has stated it would be vary rare that you could find a site this late.
  5. The closest to Noosa would be Coolumn. They used to have a great New Years eave at the Surfclub (back about 20years when I last went). Next one down would be Alexandra Headlands (where your also near Mooloolaba) I'm guessing it would be a big event there are well.

You may find it difficult to get into a caravan park. I'm sure Column will be booked out.

When your sobered up again, also some great riding up in the ranges around maleny, kenilworth etc.