Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where in Melbourne can I get a GPS Alarm?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Kolin, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Hi All, Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I can pick up a alarm with a tracking system in Melbourne? I have had a look on ebay and Im just not sure if any of the cheap systems sold on there will work in Australia. My last bike got stolen and I made a promise that when I get my new one (picking up a ZX10R tomorrow) I would get a GPS alarm to track it in the event gets pinched too.
    Cheers, Kolin

2. #2 twistngo, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  3. I bought a Scorpio SR-i900 from Kenma directly and am really happy with it. I think the alarm with wiring harness and perimeter sensor was about $470 all up. They also stock a standalone GPS unit that sells for about $160.

Apparently Scorpio did a combination (SR-i800 ??) Alarm/GPS unit for a while, but I've heard bad things about the GPS component.

If you're looking for an alarm I've got nothing but good things to say about the SR-i900, though.
  4. Thanks guys, I'm liking the sound of the SR-i900. Did you install it yourself?
  5. Yup. I really took my time with it and did the install on-and-off over a weekend because I'm generally slow and totally anal. You could do it in a couple of hours if you wanted to, though.

When you order the kit get the connector harness for your model and that will simplify the install. On the 'busa it just plugs in-line with the tail-light harness. You also need to intercept the rear indicators, the kit comes with a couple of T-Clips that just snap on to the wires.

The remote ignition disable module requires you to chop one of your ignition wires and adds an alarm controlled relay to it. I installed bullet connectors on the wire so if I ever want to remove the system they'll just snap back together again.

The perimeter sensor module just plugs in to the main alarm unit and is attached by velcro/whatever under the seat.