Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Where do you live? Suburbs with the most traffic offences.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by TonyE, Jul 18, 2011.

1. For some reason I'm not entirely surprised by these figures...

Suburban drivers top road danger rankings July 18, 2011 - 10:55AM

Full article is at http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...er-rankings-20110718-1hkro.html#ixzz1SQHtTdZU
    Where the driving offenders are:

Regions with the most driving offenders in each category between July 2009 and June 2010.

Cranbourne - 2030

Narre Warren - 1846

Werribee - 1686

Berwick - 1614

Pakenham - 1583

Mobile phones

Werribee - 765

Deer Park - 631

Craigieburn - 631

Cranbourne - 607

Hoppers Crossing - 597

Drink Driving

Frankston - 142

Cranbourne - 132

Hoppers Crossing - 122

St Albans - 119

Werribee - 119

2. #2 Mouth, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Because greater police numbers = greater detection
  3. I'm sure if there was a police presence in toorak you'd blast those mobile phone numbers away.
  4. All bogan suburbs younger inhabitants with more hotted up cars.
  5. Got a point. Is it really more offenses committed, or just more police on the road to detect them?
  6. What smee said. In all honesty I suspect that it's about the ages rather than anything else.
  7. Cranbourne and Werribee scored a trifecta - surprise surprise... not.

The observation about Toorak was well earned IMO.
  8. Have you seen how many camera's are operating in that area.. I'm not surprised.
    Every intersection on both the Sth Gippi and Princess Hwy's has a fixed camera, and narre-cranbourne Rd has a mobile flash-for-cash running at various points on it pretty much 24x7x365. Combine that with the demographic and you have a nice little earner.