Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where do you keep your e-tag?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Spud Gun, Jun 7, 2005.

1. I got an e-tag for the bike, and had to mull over where to keep it. My pocket wasn't an option as it more than likely meant a stop to rummage for the e-tag. So I opted for a mobile phone cover with a belt clip on the back. Its an old cover for a fat phone, but it has a clear plastic front and I just clip it to a strap on the arm of my coat. Seems to work a treat. The only drawback is that it isn't entirely waterproof. What do the rest of you do?

2. You may like to read this:

3. Thanks for that, I didn't know that at all. I wondered why they took a photo as well as register the tag. Good to know.

4. Spud, most of the membership of Netrider is Victorian and at this stage we still travel free on all toll roads. It is anticapated that if/when Transurban start tolling motorbikes it will be done by photography of our rear plate so again no need for an e-tag.

5. I don't carry it. Then on the rare occasion I get the form in the mail, I fill in the details and fax it back.

Also has the added benefit as 90% of the time I don't get charged as the bike doesn't set off the camera.

6. Now that's interesting... :idea: