Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where do you keep your bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Kurtis_Strange, Nov 5, 2005.

1. No I don't want to steal it :p

Unfortunately I dont have under cover storage, my parking is off the street but its just an open carpark totally exposed to the weather.

My scoot is small enough to stash in the stairwell of my apartment block but there's no way I'm gonna get a 600 in there...

So I'm left with two choices:-
    just get an all weather bike cover for it and leave it outside, or
    I'm thinking of buying it a little house :) one of these little absco sheds to store it in http://www.absco.com.au/

The size I'll need will be about $4-500 which is just more money, and with summer coming on I'm wondering wether its really necessary, although ultimately I'd prefer to have my bike under cover for security as well.

I've read that bike covers can cause corrosion pretty quickly?

Whats your thoughts?
  2. Mines kept in the Garage.
  3. well I figure most people will keep there's in the garage, I'm just wondering wether its really bad to keep it outside with a cover on it?

anyone do this?
  4. Ive already had a car stolen from me driveway so bike lives inside the house now.

I cant see any problems with keeping it outside with a cover over it though, except for theft obviously. Id just make sure youve at least got a heavy duty chain on it and its out of sight as much as possible is all...
  5. Oh and if your using a cover and it does get wet still, id just make sure you took the cover off during the day so the moisture isnt trapepd in there and the bike can dry properly...
  6. In a garage here.

That said, a few weeks back I saw an ad on eBay for a Peugeot Speedfight 100cc scooter, and the guy selling it took a photo of his bike sitting in his lounge room. Reading the text of the ad, it sounded as if his bike was basically a piece of furniture he occasionally took to the shops.

It actually looked quite good in the lounge room, too!
  7. Hi mate,

My scooter's outside (but partly undercover) and i put a cover on it and chain it to whatever i can. Seems to work fine, but as mentioned you've got to remove the cover to let it dry out because sometimes if its real wet then hot, a bit of condensation builds up.