Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where do you get your bike tools?...

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by wheel, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Hi -

Wondering if anyone else is frustrated with sourcing motorcycle specific tools. Wouldn't it be easy if there was a one stop shop for all your bike related tools? Alas, I have yet to find one.

Sure you can get your favourite spanner and socket sets, but what about chain breakers/riveting tool, bearing pullers, truing stands, spoke wrenches... the list goes on...

In any case, lots of these tools are available on the interweb, but it takes some time to collate the "good" places to purchase.

So where do you get your tools?

2. I get normal tools from Vic Market and Supercheap. Bike specific stuff from bike shops.
  3. Ditto to what Loz says :)

I on the other hand as MVRog is so fond of saying, make all my tools out of fencing wire, chewing gum and tree branches :LOL:
  4. Or have a mig welder.

I had to disassemble some trail bike forks recently, requiring essentially a 24mm wide, 300mm long allen key hollowed out by approximately 15mm.

Made with two large nuts and a piece of gal pipe.

And a mig welder!

Great for extracting steering head bearing outer shells from BMW airhead frames too.
  5. If you want life time warranty and billiant tools check out Trade Tools Direct. They're yet to NOT have something that's being looked for in regards to tools. As long as you know what sizes you're after you'll be right.

Mind you, pretty much like old made wrote before - zip ties, ocky straps and a thick stick got my boyfriend the three and a half hours home once and he had his complete kit with him.