Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where do you do a Revs check in Vic?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by nightgash, Mar 19, 2007.

  1. I was wondering if anyone from Vic can point me in the right direction to the people who you ring up to get the car/motorbike checked to see if it has any money owing on it or if its a stolen vehicle? Is it called a REVS check in Victoria?

  2. Vic roads
  3. or you could just twist the throttle :p :bolt:
  4. Thanks I ran up and got a computer. I went to registration inquiries and then the option to do a security check on the vehicle.

    Turns out the vehicle was not written off, stolen or had finance on it thank goodness.
  5. did it rev alright?
  6. i thought revs was only NSW thing......... VIV - Vehicle Identification Verification ... in victoria ?
  7. Yeah I think REVS is only a NSW but I didn't know what the Vic one was called! :oops: :oops: :oops:
  8. You can also pay $24 and get a report which lists the registration and financing history of the bike/car.
  9. Cool thanks for the info!
  10. Can I suggest you take robsalvv's advice and pay for a report. If they get it wrong you can claim the internet check from a legal perspective but if you have a paper copy filed away it gives you a great leg to stand on if you're buying a vehicle especially if it's a private sale of some sort.