Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where do you buy your gear?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by MangoROCKN, May 16, 2013.

1. So ive just started looking for a new Leather Jacket and thought i might get a helmet while im at it. Ive looked at some local stores and MCAS is the cheapest i can find but Online i find i save hundreds. Does anyone here try in store what they like, find there size then buy it online?

I found this website sell most products for at least $100 cheaper for a leather jacket then i can find here locally. Does anyone know if its a reliable website, looks pretty solid to me.

Also if you could link me sites you have used before that would be helpful. Thanks

BTW im in Sydney.

2. yeah they're pretty good. usually theres a chat box.
    if you're really lucky you might get to chat up Brian OMG HE'S SUCH A SPUNK

revzilla is good too. very pleased with deliveries from them.

ridersdiscount offers the cheapest shipping, but it just turns up in a garbage bag tossed down your driveway about 2 months later.
  3. the single and only thing peter stevens is good for.

ALLTHOUGH people have tried to have a "service" performed on their bike there.... ahahaa

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hahaha solid effort to "try" a service on their bike.

I might go with them unless someone can recommend anywhere else. Thanks brother!
  5. hey, i have recently bought a new helmet. I got a Shark Speed-R. I wasn't expecting to pay that much. It was however the best helmet i had tried on, fit and comfort wise. Once i new what size i was i went online. I found amawarehouse was good and ended up getting a $500 helmet for $330.

I havent needed to get a jacket yet, but pants i will be looking at shortly.

see you on the road
  6. Fc-moto.de is usually the cheapest I've found - but delivery can be upto a month which is 2x longer than from spunky "Brian Van from sportbiketrackgear at sportbiketrakgear.com" lol

I've actually found bikebiz in sydney to be very competitive on their prices if you ask them, but no one locally can beat O/S pricing. You can thank our uncompetitive market and GST for that.
  7. Recently all my gear has been purchased locally, price wise I found that there wasn't a lot of difference and I'm willing to pay a little more for rent and the ability to try gear on.
  8. ^^^ This......