Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where do these go?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by tonee, Sep 2, 2010.

  1. I changed the air filter and I've noticed fuel odour while riding when the engine's warmed up.
    I traced back what I did and noticed these lines unplugged under the fuel tank.

    I'm not sure where they go, can someone tell me where they go?


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us


  2. sorry about the giant photo, didn't know it would turn out like that
  3. the male piece looks like it would mate with that female piece of hose, that male piece definitely should be plugged in to somewhere and its shape suggests another hose piece.
  4. Found it! They're for the fuel vents, could this be why the fuel indicator is going down quicker than usual? Or the gmc airfilter causing it to use more fuel?
  5. I can't think of a situation where that isn't true... :bolt:
  6. That male piece inset looks like a fuel filter.. or inline filter of some kind...

    Scarily like a fuel filter though....

  7. fuel vents, I was wondering where all the fuel went lol
  8. since this problem, I had petrol dripping out of the tube from the tank and onto the engine under the seat. Once the engine is warm the petrol odour starts to come. I've pulled it apart last week and cleaned it with degreaser and kero, but I'm still having the same problem.
    My concern is as summer is just around the corner and the extreme heat may cause trouble but it would vaporise would it?