Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where do stolen bikes go?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by removed-6, Dec 29, 2006.

1. I was wondering, I know there is a market for hot cars at chop shops etc, and some just for joy rides that are found burnt out somewhere. What happens to all the stolen motorcycles? Especially as some are not so common, such as Tiga's 675. Are these people working out a way of re-registering them? I doubt there are many 675 track bikes around, so that would be way too obvious. Perhaps I'm too naive? :oops:

Where do they go when they vanish of the face of the earth?

2. re-registered, broken up for spares, used as trackbike or leave the country.
  3. +1 to above, you can buy a bike to order for $1500, get it restamped for about $1000. I just know I'd be nervous registering it at vic roads with a changed stamp.
  4. Yep leave the country, to China for example.

According to one of my riding colleagues, In China you might see people riding around shiny new bikes with the original Australian plates still attached. The authorities apparently couldn't give a toss about stolen things.
  5. Oh you just know this one ended up at the track...

6. :-k

Ktulu, you are a unique individual. Where the hell do you get this stuff??? :LOL:

Well I guess the owner would have said, "Ciao" to that fine example of twowheelship.

7. might sound silly but...does this mean that bikes can get 'rebirthed'?
  8. We prefer the term 'born again'. ;)
  9. [​IMG]
  10. :LOL:
  11. Also - If they are trail bikes they can be used on a farm etc where they will never be registered anyway.
  12. Sorry in advance everyone, but I can't help it...

A: Honda back of a truck! :p
  13. I like you Ktulu, but you do realise, we now have to kill you. :) :LOL:
  14. I know. It's ok.
    Was my own fault... :LOL:
  15. G'day eveyone.....

This one has been retro fitted with bigger rear wheel and a turbo,.....
    Expect to see it going up the Hume Hwy towing a trailer!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dr Who?