Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where do i go if i want to paint/powdercoat my subframe

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by wideone3, May 11, 2016.

1. Im wanting to paint my street triple 660 sub frame red to match the R model. However I'm not sure whether i buy a whole new red subframe for $500 or if painting/powdercoating my current one would be a lot cheaper and more cost effective, while producing the same results.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Or even point me to a place i can ring and ask.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Powder coating your subframe will only cost around 100.00 bucks if that.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yep.

As for where to go, I'm not sire where you live ( Sydney is a big place) but powder coaters will advertise in the local yellow pages.

Look them up and ring them to see what they can do for you.
  4. Question: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's involved in getting the sub frame painted/powder coated? Does it mean the removal of engine components etc?

I know how powder coating works, just what is involved getting the sub frame to them.
  5. I would assume a full stripdown, sand blasting to remove current coating then followed by the painting / baking cycle
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. I was thinking that but wasn't 100% sure, who knows what advances they have these days :)
  7. Removing the subframe wouldn't be too bad on most bikes though.
  8. AAF are the big boys in Sydney but it might be better if you look up smaller guys as they would be a bit more accommodating. I know theres a guy in Narrellan but I think thats a fair distance from you. Yellow pages may be your friend here.
  9. Yeah in the 5 hrs I've got in between work tomorrow I'll ring round a few places and see what they can do for me. Spoken to another guy who had his swingarm, subframe and wheels on his zx10 all powder coated for 330$ so assuming mine would hopefully be under $200.
    Cheers everyonee