Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

where do i get paint from

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by cbr-princess, Jun 23, 2009.

1. hi peeps.

I need colorrite metallic diablo black 17k paint to respray a seat cowl for my bike.
    i called up peter stevens and they said they dont stock it nor does any where else. im not convinced. does ne1 know where i can get it from?

2. Have you tried a paint shop?
  3. ;0

i dont know how many paint shops sell automotive paint??? hmm.. none that i know of.
  4. EDIT: I just remembered. PPG sell a lot of automotive paint. Try them first. If they can't help you then it might be a bit difficult.

Have you tried places like Autobarn? I haven't had to do a respray for a long time but I went to a place like that the last time I did it. They mix up the paint you need. If that doesn't help then I think 3M have subsidiaries that sell auto paint (sorry, I can't remember their name). Give them a try next and I'm sure you'll get pointed in the right direction. Failing that, ask your bike shop (not PS from what you wrote) who they use for repair jobs / resprays and they might be able to point you in the right direction. I hope they're enough leads to get your job done.
  5. Hey - the guy at MCR does paint stuff

He's affordable and knows his stuff.

He's located in Tullamarine - PM me if you want his number.

Also - just for FYI - if you have a sticker on the cowl (honda racing etc) - you'll probably loose it. I was looking to replace one and honda dont sell them.

Good luck!