Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where did you buy replacement fairings?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by BigJig, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Hey Guys and Gals,

I need to buy some replacement fairings for my '95 ZZR250 - it's time to clean it up a bit.

The ones that are on there are seriously stuffed, with the top having many cracks and scratches, and the sides both suffering some warping from heat due to the previous owner removing the heat protection. :roll: I seriously doubt they can be repaired.

I have searched these forums, but haven't been able to get in contact with someone who makes replacement unit. Kawasaki gave me a laughable quote on replacements, so they are no good.

Anyone purchased fairings before? Where did you get them?

Thanks in advance.

2. Get on the phone to all the motorcycle wreckers and see if you can find some good 2nd hand ones. Replacement fairings are quite expensive and can start at $100 for one thats slighty cracked or $200 for one in good condition. New ones are crazy prices $260+. A set of fairings over $1000.

It migh be cheaper and easier to take yours to a body shop and have them repaired.
  3. Check your PMs mate. I'm sure we can help you out with some cheap new fairings. :)
  4. 260 a panel??????I doubt that very much....try 550 each side on the tail peice for ZZR250 and the top is about 700 and maybe 500 each side....
  5. wrecker but most of them will be the wrong colour. Get them repaired warping is not fatal if u have a heat gun/plastic welder