Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Where can I watch WSBK online?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Hotcam, Apr 22, 2009.

1. So I've decided that I'm not going to buy foxtel to watch the superbike
    races, because I could buy another bike with that much money.

I went to wsbk.com to look for their pay-per-view, but they won't let
    Australians watch races online, presumably because Foxtel have bought
    exclusive rights. How much does that suck!

Anyhow, does anyone know how the hell I can watch the superbikes
    online without waiting for the DVD to come out?!

Of course, last resort is to get off my lazy bum and go to the netrider
    superbike watching meet. But any online suggestions would be appreciated.

2. You can get a new bike for $600?

Google it, there are ways. Most are dodgy, using proxies in countries without the geo-restriction. But the proxies are also overloaded and intermittent.

I don't know why WSBK doesn't have an internet subscription model similar to Motogp. If it was the same price or less, it might get quite a few subscribers.

3. Cam, come to Platinum Cafe in North Melbourne and watch it with us.

4.  Top
  5. You can download them here using any torrent software, though they're archived. Usually about 1/2 a delay from real time before someone posts them.
    http://www.racing-underground.com/

If you want to watch it live, you'll first need to use p2p streaming software like Sopcast or TVAnts, and hope someone is broadcasting it at the time it's on. Just google something like "superbike sopcast tvants" on google and you can usally find something. Not the most reliable way, but I have had some success with it.

6. racing-underground for me.

7. Yeah but you have to register to use it.

8. Life's tough isnt it.

9. Thanks everyone! Some good sources. Hopefully I can get down
    to Cafe Platinum in Macaulay st sometimes. On those occasions I can't
    at least I've got some ideas.

10. Is it possible to get an invitation code for the underground site from anyone here?

11. *sticking my hand up for an invitation code for the underground too please*

12. PM'ed

13. thanks

14. when ever i go there and hit the register link i get this scary exception message. any idea what's up with that?

15. second (or third, fourth etc.) that please.

16. PM'ed

17. Don't ask me what the stuff below really means in laymen's terms -- I just copied it off their forum help section. I installed the root certificate and I don't get that exception message anymore.

18. hi is there any chance i could get an invitation code for the underground site please?