Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

QLD where can I ride an un-reg bike?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by slideways, Jan 1, 2012.

1. So I've bought myself a track bike, unregistered, no lights mirrors or anything.

My first track day is coming up and I want to give the bike a shake down and adjust the gear levers etc, and there's only so much I can do on a race stand.

I don't want to waste time while I'm at the track making these adjustments, so I want to take the bike for a ride somewhere else first.

Obviously I can't ride on the road, but my office has a large car parK, Which is completely empty on the weekends. Am I legally allowed to ride there? Or can that get me into trouble??
  2. pretty sure if your work owns the carpark (eg it's not crown land/open to public use) then you can ride there, but i've been wrong before
  3. I don't know, but I'm also in Bris and have also just got myself an R6 track bike. If your carpark is good - let me know. LOL.

I've been eyeing this one off, but it is open to the public at all times, so that means they can enforce normal road rules in it. Besides which, as Skipperau would tell you, I have a little embarrassing personal history in that car park.
  4. Depends on how the public may access the car park on the weekend, I would think... If its behind a locked gate that'd be best.

But if it's empty, what are the chances of cops even being there to book you? I assume you're trailering it down, and not riding the parking lot like its a track so you ought to be fine.
  5. Yeah towing the bike there, it has a boom gate to get into, so it's not completely secure, anyone can walk in, or ride in, you just need to swipe to get something like a car in though...
  6. Nice find, kneedragon...
  7. i'd say it's private property then, and road rules don't apply (though noise and smoke rules etc still do apply)
    but it might help to get something in writing from your boss just to cover your ass so the cops don't start processing you for intent to commit robbery or something equally bogus