Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

where can i get little mirrors?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by hippo, Oct 19, 2007.

1. my mirrors on my bike stick out at the perfect height to whack car mirrors when i filter (that's my excuse and i'm sticking with it!) and so i want to get get either smaller ones or ones positioned differently
    whereabouts in south east melb would i be able to find some?

2. Bar end mirrors?

I have the tendency to knock car mirrors with my bars so not a good idea for me. Just go for a putter along Nepean Hwy most bike shops will stock something of the like. or check ebay :)

3. umm....are you sure you just aren't wobbling all over the place?? just referring to your own comment
    but either because if thats the case you really aren't up to a safe level of riding to be splitting IMO.....maybe pratice your straight line slow speed riding some more, also when splitting don't look at the cagers mirrors as you go past as it a sure fire way to make sure you will hit em :LOL:

i know some bikes have wide or high mirrors but i thought the spada had pretty standard mirrors, but maybe try some off a vtr or similar model

cheers stewy

4. I was riding her bike too and found that they're huge compaired to mine. Theres pros and cons to it tho. pros: dont have to peek through them like mine. Cons: they tend to get in the way when your filtering/spliting.

I saw this spada on the fwy the other day that I was just spliting after and she was less than an inch away from a cars mirror while going at 60kph(cars were about 40kph). I'd slowed down after that and take it carefully as I wasnt brave enough to go through such a small gap....

5. a inch thats heaps of room :LOL: ok maybe not if you are splitting at speed but at very low speed meh

from memory it has mirrors like this one.....

https://netrider.net.au/forums/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_mod&image_id=199

thanks suzyq for the pic :wink: pretty standard for naked bikes.....sweeris, faired bikes normally have very small useless mirrors.....either way i stand by my comments that either the gap was to small, or she was wobbling while splitting.

cheers stewy

6. oh i wasn't the one who hit anything
    *glares at sweeris*