Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

when your bored with four...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by ward_4e, Jun 1, 2007.

1. try 8?!!?

I love bored auzzies.... :wink:
  2. not a bad looking bike. and it actually looks like it can handle. unlike the other V8 bikes ive seen. a guy in victoria gets a 265KW 5.7l v8 chev, adds a steering head, forks. then sub frame and swing arm, welded to the block. wacks on a seat and 30l tanks, then sells it to you for $60k. and it is ADR approved!

3. Bombastically stupid. I love it!
  4. $70,000... hell no, yuck!

And a superbudgie powered go-cart. 145bhp that sounds fun!
  5. They would want to be gods gift to motorcycle for $70,000 :shock:

They look ok but a modified jap bike could make the same power for a lot less than $70k :LOL:

Got to give it to them for making there own bike though, and the motec dash looks the goods in a cage or on a bike :cool:

6. A V8 Monster would go and sound like pure heaven, but $70k? More than pushing it on price.
  7. Mind Blowing!

I dream of someone producing a mid size (400-750) V6 sports bike, but positioned transverse, moto guzzi style.

Just imagine the exhaust layout! Make mine a six into six thanks.

Why not? Damn conservative motorcycle manufacturers.

Those scoffing at the $70'000 of the Drysdale, need to remember this a custom special. You might be able to buy greater performance cheaper, but performance ain't everything, this is a visceral experience, an assault on all the senses.
    Not for everyone, but what price can you put on insanity?
  8. pfft, 8 cylinders? is that all? EIGHT? haahahaHAHAHa thats nothing. i mean, they had 8 cylinders in the twenties, and again in the fifties. old news.

this is better.

9. As a friend of Ians that project was a dream of his

Its just that if you have a mechanical bent in life and you dream of a project its not that many who would sink 12 to 15 thousand dollars into the cost of the patterns to make the crankcase castings.

70 k is cheap for a hand made one off motorcycle lets face it those custom choppers we see with an S&S engine etc cost 60 to 80 K

Even a ferrari is about .5 to .75 of a million for one of 200 built that year

We have discussed on another group getting the tooling together for a laverda V6 engine 1000cc shaft drive the tooling alone for the heads and block and gearbox items come in at around 40 k just a little out of my range unless i win tats :LOL:
  10. Man that bike looks AWESOME.

11. There was a limited edition MV Agusta F4 recently that was selling for more than twice that - and yet they still managed to offload 100 of them. So clearly there are people out there with that sort of cash to spend on a bike, think the only thing working against the Aussie mob I reckon is they don't have that "wank factor" of the Italian brand names.
  12. or you could spend $100K on one of these...

Taken at the Melbourne Bike show a couple of years ago.