Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

When is a RWC not a RWC?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by mjt57, Aug 17, 2006.

1. In May I bought a used Blackbird. The person who I bought it off, a copper, incidentally, got its RWC from a bike shop in Ringwood (MEL). It passed, except for requiring a new tyre, which the guy had fitted.

I've been unable to do any big rides, or even get to ride it on daytrips between then and the past two or so weeks. But over the past 3 weekends, I have done around 1,200km. Imagine my surprise when I got home from Healesville on Sunday to discover that the front pads are down to metal and one of the discs is slightly scored.

Usually, pads are deemed unserviceable when there's about 3-5mm or less material on them. That, though, should still be good for a couple of thousand kays.

I suspect that the tester didn't even look at the bloody things, or if he did, he wasn't looking at the right thing, or that he perhaps looked at one set of pads. I won't know what the status of both sides are til I get a chance to pull it apart, probably on the weekend.

But yeah, this is dangerous. I'll be lodging a complaint with Vicroads. I have all the details, as I kept a photocopy of the documentation before filing it with Vicroads. I'll be sending the copper a copy of the letter. He might want to perhaps have "words" with the fellow when he's on duty next...