Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

When in Rome, saying G'day

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Smithy-II, May 29, 2015.

1. Hi All,

Was poking around on the internet last night and found these forums. Signed up and started stalking threads about Brisbane and CBR500's!

I started riding on a MX80 that Dad had lieing around and spent the afternoon going up and down the paddock in first back when I was an early teen probably. Once I mastered changing gears etc we traded up to a DR100 and then onto a XR200. Then I moved out of home and Dad when onto a 4-wheeler.

Hadn't ridden since I was 18 or so, then a few of my mates started discussing getting motorbikes and when my licence was due for renewal I decided to sit the test. Did Q-ride about a month ago and then bought my CBR500R 3 weeks ago. 1st 1k service done today, so it is now broken in and ready to ride.

Most of my riding gear I got was based on price, but I don't think I have skimped on safety. Still looking for boots, the gear lever mark on my work steel caps is getting more and more noticeable!

Keen to meet up with other newer riders (I saw someone post about the meetup groups for Brisbane, just waiting on acceptance to the group). My work shifts change on a 4 week roster, but my weekends are mostly free. Still keen to ride during the week, I'm on a day shift for now, so anything after 4pm. Have wheels will travel. I feel pretty confident on the road already, just need more time and practice to master the basics.

That was long winded, but there we go, that's me as far as bikes go!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to the site Smithy-II
  3. Hi Smithy-IISmithy-II and welcome to NR.
    Glad you returned to your riding and lots of nice folk on NR from up your way as well!
    Enjoy your return to the saddle and your CBR 500R.
  4. Thanks all!!
  5. G'day and welcome Smithy-II. Sounds like you're well-equipped with the CBR500R, they're an awesome bike.
  6. Welcome to NR..
  7. Welcome!