Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

When do I service Peaches?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Peaches, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Hi All,

Peaches my CBR125 has around 230km on her already and I was wondering if she was due for a service? The clutch seems a bit finicky and she stalls quite a bit, I'm worried.

A quick search on google yielded conflicting results, I'm afraid :shock:

2. It should be in the service manual, I'm guessing it'd be 1000km. But if you're having unexplainable problems crop up, it wouldn't hurt to get it checked early...except your bank balance.
  3. 1st service would be at 1000km, which should include Oil change, valve adjustments and general checkover. If you are having trouble with stalling, and other issues, You may want to get the dealer to check it out before your 1st service. It may be a simple adjustment.
  4. Thanks guys!
  5. Yep, 1000km is usually the first service.

Some folks recommend several oil changes before the 1000km... but I suspect you're being pretty gentle on the herbs so it's probably not an issue for you.

My bet is also that the stalling issue is an operator issue - being a bit too tentative.

Peaches, get familiar with the owner's manual. Looking after a bike is NOT something to be left only to the mechanic at the servicing points and there'll be basic maintenance recommendations in the manual.

Enjoy your bike :)
  6. Surely you got a service manual with your bike? :?
  7. :( I probably do have one but it's with Jeff. I guess all of you are right - I should get to know what the "thingies" on my bike are. I'm one of those horrid girls that know peanuts about engines and... stuff. All I know about Peaches is where the clutch, break, gears, blinkers, honk, and speedo are. But I'll make an effort to learn...

Thanks again :)
  8. Hope its not like the service manual for the ZZR250 that shows the oil filter bolt as the drain plug and vice verca. Lucky I thought "bullsh!t" and went the other way :LOL:
  9. Didn't some guy post on here with his ZZR and he was draining it by the oil filter and had to lay the bike on its side to drain the oil? :LOL:
  10. Your owner's manual will tell you what intervals the bike should be serviced at, and what should be done. It's a great thing to read, it contains all sorts of useful information!

Regards, Andrew.
  11. That's gold! If only there were photos ... :rofl: