Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

When are the 2005 bikes released?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by vinnie, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Hi all,

Are the 2005 bikes released in January or at the end of the financial year?

I would like to buy a new Suzuki SV 650. Is it likely to be cheaper during the winter months?

Cheers,

Vinnie

2. Vinnie,
    Honda released the 2005 bikes mid to late January so I would assume Suzuki would be the same.
    IMO the first month of Winter is the best time to get a good deal on buying a new bike but don't forget if you are doing a trade in you'll get bugger all for the trade bike.

3. Winter is the best if you want to squeeze the dealer. They may offer better deals close to or immediately after new models are released, that is on the previous years stock. Wouldn't hold your breath though.

4. I have bought 3 new bikes in the last 2 months and can say that dealers don't give much away. They all say they are working on small margins especially in the 250's market.

A good deal on a new bike is hard to find, they don't even give much discount on gear.

If a smart retailer comes along and offers discount cards or free services they will be on a winner!

5. ummmm.......bout 2005

6. The CBR1000RR, ZX-10R and R1 were release in late march to mid april last year. Seems to be about the time they are released so that it co-incides with the start of the northern summer where they put away thier snow shovels and grab thier bikes.

But then there were other models that were released throughout the year as well.

The exact dates you would need to talk to the manufacturers.

7. 2005 models are the ones that come out after october the previous year. Or so I was told. 8)

8. What about the ZZR-600 '05???

9. The new Gixxer gets released in May..

10. The Suzuki K5 GSX750F was released in mid November 2004
    Had to wait 2 weeks for the dealer to get it

11. I think it all depends on when the bike companies slate the next model for release. I work for a company that supplies material to the car manufacturers, Holden, Ford, Toyota, Mitsubishi. They start working on a new model and we supply the material for them. They slate the release whenever they believe is best suited to them (saleswise) and also how well the current model is selling. From memory (shaky as it is) the Commodore VT was phased out at end of '96. Since then there has been the VX and VY. I believe the VY is about to be superceded.

12. The bloke who last serviced my scooter said that there are some new model scooters (bigger engines/bigger scoots) being released between May and July - not that I want a bigger bike... No really why would I want more power!!! But seriously middle of the year for scoots and new release's.

13. The bloke who last serviced my scooter said that there are some new model scooters (bigger engines/bigger scoots) being released between May and July - not that I want a bigger bike... No really why would I want more power!!! But seriously middle of the year for scoots and new release's. :roll:

14. The bloke who last serviced my scooter said that there are some new model scooters (bigger engines/bigger scoots) being released between May and July - not that I want a bigger bike... No really why would I want more power!!! But seriously middle of the year for scoots and new release's. :roll: