Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wheelchair, crutches, other rehab stuff in Victoria

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by VapourLock, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Hi all,

After a stack recently where I needed a wheelchair and crutches and similar for a while, I finding it really difficult to locate a place which has them, I ended up using:

Lifestyle and Rehab

82 Albion Street
    Brunswick East VIC 3057
    Ph: 03 9384 1846

Mon to Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
    Saturday: 9:30am to 1:30pm

They were really cheap ($10 per week for a wheelchair), had them in stock, and can deliver and pick them up if you can't actually get to their location yourself.

I used their store in Brunswick.

Wish this info had been on Netrider already, as it took me days of ringing hospitals and chemists to finally get directed there. :(
  2. You should have asked! :grin:

L&R may be good to hire stuff from, but NEVER get their tradies to come and do work at your house :evil: Worst 'tradesman' I have ever dealt with, did not have a clue what was a hammer and what was a screwdriver.

There is Yooralla also www.yooralla.com.au who may be helpful for these sort of things.
    Yooralla Independant living centre
    705 Geelong Road
    Brooklyn Victoria 3012
    Melways Reference: 40 J10
    P.O. Box 1101
    Altona Gate Victoria 3025
    Tel: (03) 9362 6111 / 1300 885 886 (Victoria Only)
    Fax: (03) 9314 4825
  3. We should start a "sticky" with this type of info.
    Unfortunately we seem to need it.... :evil:
  4. I have a couple of sets of crutches kicking around
    also one of those chair things that goes over the dunny
  5. There are also a couple of places that sell used/second hand equipment. A great place on Dande-Frankston rd. Can't remember the name but they have some great stuff and I know a few people that have bought stuff from there and they have been impressed.
    Also, there is an online equipment garage sale http://www.gizbytes.com/wheelchair/ where you can get some good stuff too.

MR. Mobility has alot of equipment also.