Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wheel Straightening

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Caddyman, Sep 19, 2006.

1. HI All

As part of fixing up a GPX 250, the front wheel needs to be straightened (maybe front brake disc aswell).

Anyone have a suggestion/recommendation of businesses in Sydney (i'm in Campbelltown) that would be able to help (without costing the earth).

Thanx in advance
  2. You won't be able to straighten the disk, but why do you think you need to? Mine was warped and as a result the brake lever would pulse...very bad. Just get a new (Second hand) one, they won't be expensive. Metro Wreckers in Silverwater are really good.
    As for the rim I only have the number for a guy in Smithfield, which probably won't be of any ise to you.
  3. Have you tried wreckers for second hand front wheel??

Try www.findapart.com.au and I reckon you'll find a bargain front wheel and disc, and save yourself all the hassle of finding someone to straghten it...
  4. The greasy deaf guy comes through again! Good link...
  5. that site findapart.com.au is awesome! very quick replies but the prices are not the best. wheels are not worth buying imo. i can get them straighten here in adel for 80-100 per wheel where as wreckers want 500 for both wheels.
  6. Don't forget the cost of respraying though.
  7. Actually Smithfield may be OK, my brother works in that area...........
  8. Thanx, i didn't even think of this. I have had a bent wheel before and assumed the same in this case.

I have replaced the disc And all is ok.......

Note to self, Explore all options before thinking the worse.... :-k