Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wheel Squeak and engine noise

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by PilotPete, May 27, 2009.

1. Hey guys i had my 1000km service for my ninja 250r about a month ago and since then i have had a ever worsening squeak in the front wheel, trying to figure out where lead me to drop my bike so i gave up on that and also when i hit between 8,000-9,500rpm there is a rattling noise from the engine. I'm taking it to the dealer to check it out on friday but if anyone has any ideas any help would be much appreciated.

2. F**k me there's some strange stuff on here lately.

3. The squeal could be the brakes, in which case it's no biggie. It could be the tyre noise on the road (it happens) which is no biggie. It soesn't sound like a bearing. If nothing's rubbing on anything (unlikely) then it doesn't sound like much of an issue - GIVEN HOW MUCH YOU'VE TOLD US.

You'll need to see the mechanic about the engine rattle, so he'll be able to tell you what the wheel thing is too.