Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Wheel rim tape - Gay or totally super schmick

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Amanda_84, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Ok,

The 'she-who polishes-it-owns-it' rule still applies therefore I have decided to make my boyfriends bike my own by adding some 'stuff' to it. Not mechanical mods, it's a Hyosung GT250R and realistically why waste my money in the short term...so i'm going for aesthetic mods....

Wat is the low down on wheel rim tapes?? - the reflective stuff you can grab off ebay for a bargin price of $15 (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/REFLECTIVE-W...yZ102695QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
    Do people think they are gay (I'd have bought it for my scooter without a thought because my scooter WAS gay and i loved it - but not so sure on the bike) I was thinking colour to match bike (aka RED), but also possibility of black wheel stripes so there only visible at night.

Secondly, what other mods are common/cheap. I've thought of the LED signals/headlights, tinted screen, sticker removal (some already done),.....?

2. My brother has a black VFR-750 with red wheel tape and it sets the bike off just perfectly.....
  3. Gay!!!
  4. depends, on some bikes it looks gayer then 10 men kissing in a bath ... on other bikes it looks as awesome as 10 women kissing in a bath
  5. Technically, gay either way.

6. technically yes....... but awseome none the less

btw im talking about the lesbo's. rim tape...meh if it was on the bike when i bought it i would leave it......but adding it yourself is the gayest thing ever
  7. particularly homosethual
  8. Rimming is just plain wrong...

:shock: :LOL:
  9. A tape of lesbo's rimming???

S O L D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take 10
  10. :D
  11. well ibought some red reflective tape of ebay (not that seller but same product ) and im v.happy (gay ) with it :LOL: :roll: seriously though i got it cause my zzr is a very dark purple and my gear is mainly black - so i was a bit worried about not being seen from side on. The tape is about 10mm so its quite obvious once you put it on (not like pinstrip) and in the daytime just looks like normal red tape... at night its not obvious UNLESS you put a light source straight at it in whcih case it lights up great - very reflective.
  12. Rim tape will suit the whoflung nicely.
  13. I'll buy that video- minus the rimming.....and if its got the 10 guys in the bath kissing ASWELL.....shit i'll pay double!

It might be gay - maybe i'll get the black thin tape and not red....i havent decided....
  14. It can sometimes set the bike off nicely, or it can look totally crap. I did one side of my SV, and left the other - not worth putting on the other side as I wasn't keen on the look.. but too lazy to rim the other part off :)
  15. Like everything else, it's cool when it is new & unique but when every bogan/moron is doing it, do something else/different.
  16. well why'd you let me buy em then johnny!? :p
    i think they can look good depending on what they're on....
  17. Because new ones would look better than the current ones that are falling off!
  18. hahaha ok thats very true! lol
    they look so much better than the old and stick like shit to a blanket :)
  19. There's cases where it looks great and tasteful, and other times where it's a horror.

As an example, compare the crazy wheels you see on a Lamborghini, and the dry-wretch-inducing chromes you see on Lancers.