Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by nikosg, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

Well my names Nik, 21yo from Melbourne
    Currently a semi broke student, hoping to get a nice interest free loan from uni to help with my first bike purchase :)
    I study industrial design and mechanical engineering at Monash... i love building things etc
    love my sneakers...not sure what else to say :p

But basically, i know comparatively NOTHING about bikes, but I'm slowly learning. One of my good mates is really knowledgable and has taught me a lot, but now that i am getting serious on getting my license and a bike i thought it best be time to get me some knowledge!

I love the older style japanese bikes of the 60's and 70's.... dare i say the cafe racer scene? ... maybe not.

anyways, just wanted to introduce myself.... hope to learn a lot here so i can make a good purchase and get into it! Super excited!

2. Hi Nikosg, Welcome to the forums. What side of Melbourne are you on?
  3. Gday Nik,

Welcome to NR. Im sure you'll find heaps on here to help you make a good purchase.

Best of luck with finding a bike, and enjoy (y)
  4. Welcome Nik

I can identify with your interest in the 70s

that's when I started riding :LOL:
  5. Thanks guys :)

not your side Chris ;) I'm around bayside area. substantial distance from Greensborough hehe
  6. Fair distance yes but there are Netriders all over, even near you? ;)