Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What's this symbol mean?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by mattb, Jan 23, 2008.

1. I've googled but can't work out what this symbol means. I changed over my old unreliable left-hand switch block to a vintage-replica unit, and left aside a wire that connected to nothing but this on the wiring diagram. The indicators are playing funny buggers, and I wondered if this means the wire in question is earthed, and if that's why the indicators are flashing erratically... Anybody know what the symbol means?

aVWSuai.

2. Gotta love Netrider! Thanks mate!

3. Or even more precisely (since this is a 2 wheeler) frame. ;-)

Can't help beahn a smahtay sumtimes

Trevor G :)

4. Well I hooked that earth wire up to the switchblock(s) and what do you know : no more erratic flashing, no more blown fuse! The only thing that worries me about the new switches: they're not very waterproof at all!, and riding to Yea and back yesterday in a great downpour, I lost all my lights!
    Lucas : "the prince of darkness!"

5. Lucas refers to english bike electrics. You will have kokusan or some strange japanesie sort of thingo... ;-)

Trevor G

6. Pack the switch bodies with vaseline or silicone grease.