Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What's this called?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by TheMav, Feb 11, 2014.

  1. As can be seen in the second photo, I have an oil leak and need to replace the seal/gasket but don't know what the part is called. What is the name of that entire assembly? It's on the right/braking side and has the water pump attached to it. It's a Hyosung GT650 Comet if that helps.


    Attached Files:

  2. It is usually called the clutch inner cover gasket. But you may need a few extra bits to complete the job. Such as coolant, oil & oil filter. You may also require a water pump cover gasket/o'ring, as sometimes this may need removal in order to remove clutch cover. Also sometimes need clutch outer cover gasket/o'ring as well

    But before you start, have you tried just tightening the bolts in the area first? Could save you time & money.
  3. https://www.alpha-sports.com/hyosung_parts.htm

    check that page out... illustrated parts diagrams. that'll help you figure out the part you need. the parts are the same for the GT650, GT650R and GT650S so it doesn't matter which you look at.

    Based on the pics you've posted I would suggest you've cracked the clutch cover (a common failure point with drops on that side). you'll also need a new gasket if that's the case.

    Cover Comp, clutch (with oil len) 11331SN9101HP
    gasket, clutch cover 11481HN9101

    your other bits like the water pump might be ok, but the water pump doesn't look too good in the pic... might be cracked too.

    for parts, hyosungparts.asia, or try hyosungsource.com. Also get your local dealer to quote you anyway... SOMETIMES they're cheaper if they have the bits in stock and there's no shipping cost.

    repair-wise it's really just a case of undoing a few bolts. it's fairly straightforward to do.

    drain the oil, drain the coolant, remove the filter cover and filter. take off the clutch basket cover (carefully to avoid damaging the o ring). remove water pump cover. then undo all the bolts holding the damaged cover. the parts diagrams will help too.