Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What's the ugliest bikle you know...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by TonyE, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Brought over from the Ducati Hatemail thread :LOL:

VTR's aren't all that bad. I've seen a lot worse - there's some Kawasakis that were really hit with the Ugly Stick.

Now I come to think of it that could be a whole new thread...

What's the ugliest bike you know of :LOL:

who's taking this over to a new thread...

2. Any Virago
  3. Personally I hate to say it about a Beemer but I think the BMWR1200CL has to come pretty close. The R1200C is OK but the godawful light and fairing setup on the CL is truly awful...

4. Suzuki 'barn-door' V-STROM although their GSX750F tries to win the crown.

5. I hate fantasticly designed sports bikes which are shaped so beautifully, then they let the kindy kids draw the paintjob on with blue/white crayons.

Many a great faired bike has been ruined by very ordinary color schemes.
  6. Plastic maggot.

(CX500 for those that don't know.)
  7. Go to http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/machine/models/model.jsp?model=r1200cl and click on the image gallery - that front is just WRONG!
  8. They're almost redeemed by their indestructibility though. :?
  9. There are bound to be worse ones, but the Aprilia Moto 6.5 is pretty damn fugly:

The designer was Phillipe Starck, better known for trendy homewares. So it's hardly a coincidence that the Aprilia looks a bit like a kettle...
  10. I just looked at the topic for this. Don't you hate those silly sods that don't check their spelling.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  11. Ugliest bike

Anything with Harley Davidson on it...... or looks like it should!
  12. Actually I'd forgottin about Chairman's outfit - that's pretty ordinary.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  13. V-Rod.

Seriously, some people like it, I'm just left thinking WTF.

That said there are some fugly streetfighters out there but I guess that's kinda the point.
  14. I like the look of the V-Rod, but if it doesn't float your boat that's cool.

There are a few current bikes whose looks just don't work for me though:

TDM 900

That BMW CL tourer thingy; also the Montauk(?)

The latest BMW sports tourers - R1200 RT & ST??? - the ones with the hexagonal headlight. The front end and fairing just look wrong.

And I'm sure the Multistrada has a really nice personality :LOL:
  15. I'm not sure about the ST but the RT looks a lot better than the photos suggest. They're ordinary rather than ugly though. Same with the Multistrada. The CL and that Phillipe Starck Aprilia are pretty bad.

Phillipe Starck has also designed a mouse for Microsoft. Looks all streamlined but feels wrong (I had a look at it in Officeworks the other day).

16. Now...that's in a class of it's own !!! :LOL: :LOL:
    (and...like...often....gold underneath :) :)
  17. yeh, I gotta agree about the new BMW thingy, that headlight, front end treatment is a bit daft.

Someone said that it would grow on you. I agree, but so do warts.

Most bikes have their ugly angles, but styling is such a subjective thing. That's why I like Glynn Kerr's column in AMCN.

There's only one truly superbly styled bike though....

The 1995 VFR750!!!!