Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

whats the fine for a P plater riding a bike thats too big?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by shady_knife, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cc wise?!

2. 4 points and $405 for your first offence in 5 years.
    2nd offence 4 points and $621.

That's if you still have your life.
  3. Lot less than that in Vic! No demerits and under $200 from memory, plus prob have no insurance. Not that I would ever advocate such a thing.
  4. A lifetime of shame on Netrider! :LOL:
  5. how long ago do you remember it from?
    im pretty sure it's changed recently.

regarding a monetary fine, im unsure of the value, as there seems to be two values given here:

go find them yourself, there's a fair few listed :p

and regarding demerit points,

so if you're on you Ls and riding your R1, dont forget to display your plates, it will work out cheaper :wink:
  6. 2571 Holder of motor cycle licence for less than 12 months driving motor cycle that is not a learner approved motor cycle, 1.05 penalty units! 2572 for a learner, same penalty. I think each Penalty Unit is just over $100. This applies to Vic only.
  7. im pretty sure 1 penalty unit equates to $113 at the moment, rounded to the nearest dollar thats $119
  8. If you guys can't follow a simple instruction ie POST THE STATE the law refers to I'll keep locking them or worse DELETE THEM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.