Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Whats the difference ?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by kpun, May 8, 2011.

1. Just wondering what the difference is between two same model bikes but built in different years ? For example the FZ6R 2010 and the FZ6R 2011 models? Also if the price gap between them would be big enough for me to decide to get the 2010 one instead

2. best place to check would be the Yamaha web-site; if manufacturers make changes from year to year they almost always tout them as 'improvements'

it there's not much difference then the choice comes down to colour and price, and/or whatever the dealer is prepared to throw in to sweeten the deal
  3. I don't think there is any difference, except maybe colours I suggest you ask the question on the fz6r forums also, should be some Aussies there who can enlighten you.

I recently bought a 2010Yamaha xj6sl & it is essentially a 2009 model, the bike has not changed since then..
  4. Yeah, I have a 2011 ZX14R. Differences between that and '09 model? er, there aren't any. Not even the colours.