Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Whats the Deal?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Joff, Aug 9, 2005.

  1. Hey guys I'm about to buy my first bike through a private sale and just want to know if its the same process as buying a car in terms of transfer of ownership?

    Do I just buy it with a RWC and do the same paperwork with vicroads, where I fill out the form with the seller and get him to sign it?

    Let me know ASAP,


  2. you (and the seller) need to fill out a transfer form (grab if off the vicroads website) which outlines the fun taxes/fees you owe as well as a current RWC. pretty much what you expected. :)