Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

what's the chance of this happening in aus?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by twistngo, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Driver who blocked overtaking biker jailed

A father-of-two who moved his car to prevent a motorcyclist overtaking has been jailed for eight months for dangerous driving.

Andrew Sherratt, 32, caused “life-changing injuries” to 49-year-old Andrew Morris by forcing him into the path of oncoming traffic.

We'd get done for unsafe overtaking or some such bullshit

2. 8 months to think long and hard about his actions.

What an idiot.
  3. Agreed + kitten abuse
  4. This is something which doesn't get reported as often as it actually occurs. In this case it was fortunate that someone was able to document the incident properly and that the police were able to lay charges.

This happens to us all, and I suspect that it typifies many of the single vehicle accidents reported that involve motorcycles. By the time the rider has hit the deck - the car is far gone - I've heard it referred to as the hidden vehicle.

How often do we as riders swerve to avoid accidents like this - plenty I would suggest. We need to talk about it more often. There is a lesson here that needs to be passed onto cagers. Its up to us to get that message out.....IMHO
  5. Good, the ****wit got exactly what he deserved!
  6. I have had that happen many times to me over the years, I was going past a car in NSW,Safely, he sped up and swung out and forced me into the path of an oncoming car, I past the oncoming car in the gravel on the right hand side of the road, Other wise I would have been dead, He reported me, I got charged with dangerous driving and spent a week in jail, It always the bikes fault here in this country,
    Glad that Mongrel got Jailed for it, It is attempted murder with a weapon, (To wit a Car) if you really get into the nitty gritty of it, But Motor cyclists are not believed in court, As we are all considered criminals because we ride motorcycles. Any size Bike,
  7. I would dedicate myself to finding that c***'s house and burning it to the ground.
  8. It's going to be okay guys, speed cameras will stop this kind of thing happening as well as saving numerous kittens....

9. You can be under the speed limit and it will still happen, Thankfully these arseholes are getting fewer as more people take to bike riding,