Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What's Quicker GSX600R, ZX6R or CBR600RR

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by josh_182, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Just what theh heading says, just curious as to what you guys think or know. Based on say 2000 - 2006 models.

2. I would think that the pilot's size of balls makes the difference, but then again the zx6r have extra 36cc, most horsepower & torque, and slipper clutch.

3. Whichever one has the fastest rider. Roarin' trousered everyone else on the Musketeers ride, including Pommyboy, a competitive racer riding a GSX-R1000. Roarin's bike? A VFR400R around 10 years old.

Anyway, while your question is flawed... The ZX6R has a slightly larger engine capacity (636cc plays 599 for the other two) with a bit more midrange torque, so in a straight line that one might have a bee's d1ck of an advantage. They're all fast enough to turn a person into road pizza.

4. Mate dont worry about "which is faster"get yourself something nice to learn on, maybe a GPX250 or something and just concentrate on learning then slowly progress to something faster & more powerful over a few years, the most important thing is to learn and be cautious, slowly slowly, I must be getting old

5.  Top
  6. My previous bike was a 99- CBR600F3, I currently have a GSXR600K1 and a ZX6R-03.....

Not really a fair comparison but...

The CBR600F3 was a carborated bike, therefore at a bit of a disadvantage.... However, since it was the previous years winner of the 600 supersports (auckland motorcycle club) and had a few of the go-fast bits still on there it was bloody quick...

The Gixxer6 is completely unmodified except for the can and an air filter and is noticably slower in the midrange compared to the ZX6R.

The ZX6R is the quickest of the 3 (in this unfair comparison), it is by far the most aggressive in the bottom to midrange, and a bit quicker at the top end.... It also has a more aggressive geometry than the two other bikes I listed and so therefore corners a bit better....

I have ridden the 03 R6, and the ZX6R felt faster, though only a little bit... The 04 CBR I rode was nice, but also lacked that midrange...

So... my verdict (which is probably tainted because I did a comparison when purchasing and I dont want to be wrong) is that the ZX6R is margionally faster than the other two.... But more importantly .... Valentino Rossi can beat you down the spur on a 50cc bike....

Hope that answers your question....

7. Pointless and stupid question.
    Do us all a favour and stay off the big boy bikes until you grow up a little.

8. ................................1/4 mile.(mph).......100-130....130-160..........Top
    CBR600RR ('03).........10.73 @ 129.7........... 4.23..........4.28..........162.2
    CBR600RR ('04).........10.68 @ 128.5........... 4.26.........4.66.......... n/a
    ZX-6R ('03)............... 10.67 @ 131.0...........4.34.......... 4.3........... 158.5
    ZX-6R ('04)............... 10.50 @ 130.7........... 4.05..........3.8........... n/a
    ZX-6RR ('03)............. 10.94 @ 127.3...........4.76.......... 4.56......... n/a
    ZX-6RR ('04)............. 10.78 @ 127.7............4.1...........3.65......... n/a
    GSX-R600 ('03)......... 10.80 @ 127.8........... 5.36..........6.51......... 158.8
    GSX-R600 ('04)..........10.58 @ 130.5...........3.76......... 3.86......... n/a
    YZF-R6 ('03)..............10.80 @ 127.8........... 4.46..........5.22......... 158
    YZF-R6 ('04)..............10.68 @ 129.3........... 4.13..........4.63......... n/a

9. Depends what one I'm riding.... :bolt:

10. 05 ZX636R 1/4 mile in 10.41

Dunno bout the rest of the stats, but its fast, really fast.

11. What about track performance, straight line doesn't interest me much ???

12. I get to ride a new 600cbrr around the island sometimes. Its a quick bike.... If you can ride it. But then they all are.. Get what feels the best, then learn how to ride it.

13. Thats a silly question........ That has more to do with tires and suspension than the engine.....

Bog standard they all have such great suspension these days that you cant say one is faster than the other (around a corner)........ They all weigh about the same.....

Basically on the track...... they are all faster than you, me and almost everyone else....

14. just wanted to add my input. the fastest of them all is the zx6r. i got proof too coz i was flying pass everyone on the straights at the track. got more power and better top end. flew pass cbr, gsxr and r6. even out of the corner, i was side by side with a zx10r and he could not pull away from me. hope that answers your question

15. it also depends on the rider, u sound fussy. how often do you get to reach 280 on the open road? in tasmania?????

:? :?

16. Man............... I just love it when people claim their bike performance defies all logic and common sense :roll:
    If that was the case then he wasn't trying, the straight was not long enough to land a model plane on or the guy on the 10 weighed 300kgs :p

17. Mallala? What lap times were you doing?

18. Perhaps they were on a warm-down lap? :LOL:

If we were comparing current models then I would bet on the r6 around a track, zx6r in a drag, assuming the same rider performed the tests.

There's so little difference in performance between them all that it hardly matters...

19. Daytona 675.... :cool: