Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What's needed for a rwc for a motorbike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ptbl, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Hey fellahs, just wondering what's needed for a bike rwc?

Reason: been working on a bike it's almost time for the rwc check, just needs a service & should be good to go.:) I just want to be certain

Thanks .

2. Everything that worked from factory still does and tyres are above wear indicators.
  3. all lights and gauges work and are mounted as per factory
    brakes work and are within spec
    all bearings move freely eg no grinding/jamming
    no leaks anywhere
    no sharp objects eg snapped levers
    identification numbers all legible
  4. you probably should specify which state, regulations vary......
  5. so wait, if I relocate my idiot lights then my bike won't pass the RWC?
  6. Fair enough, aus melbourne Victoria
  7. sorry dude, i worded it wrong. they can be mounted in a different location so long as they're secure.
    what i meant by mounted as per factory is no busted mounts held on by zip ties or just hanging off
  8. hornet i'm reasonably sure RWC standards are universal nation-wide and it's modification standards which vary state by state
  9. ah okay, no probs, thanks
  10. Alrightie then sweet good to know.

Great bike dosent want to turn over now, replace sparkplug should fix it.
  11. The minimum financial outlay for a business to become LVT compliant and a subsidiary of VicRoads for the purpose of supplying roadworthiness certification to the general public is upwards of $10,000. Asking people on the internet (who probably haven't undertaken the 6 month certification course) what you'll need will invariably lead to disappointment. Not one of the the previous helpful posts have even been close to accurate or comprehensive.

Maybe you should approach your nearest tester and ask if they have a generic checklist that you can take with you before you book for your inspection. Ours were always freely available to customers in accordance with VicRoads policy.
  12. Make sure all lights work as they should. Blinkers, low hi beam. Both front and rear brake light switches are good. Number plate light.
    Your discs will have a minimum stamped on them. Get a micro meter and make sure they are good. He will only gander the pads.
    Head stock bearings. Swing arm bearings, and suspension bushes. No play Jose.
    Oil leaks if any.
    If it is two up rego then it has the pillion pegs on.
  13. Unfortunately there is quite a bit of subjectivity in your average RWC inspection. I know when I took a car for a RWC inspection in 2005 I ended up taking it to three places and got three different lists of work that need to be done. I ended up using the most reasonable of all three.

I'm getting one for my bike soon. I'm hopeing that this subjectivity does not extend to bikes although I suspect it may.
  14. This is true now they require pictures of the bike on a hoist so that the under body has been inspected and picture of the taco readings k's etc and of the Vin plate from the tester so that it can verify time and date and it was in his workshop. Testing of moisture and age of brake fluids is also becoming the norm. Sorry gents but exhausts are now harder to pass also must have dB killers to have a chance. It is your life on two wheels so make sure your bike is the best it can be when you need it most!
  15. Oh did I mention due to new conformity rules and extra times in lodging them price will go up dramatically waiting to get our new bills