Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National What's going on with ASBK????

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by mike8863, May 14, 2013.

1. Noticed this piece on another local site....

From the 'promotor' of what is supposed to be the premier road racing series in Australia.

Shakes head / rolls eyes, and left wondering where will those in charge take us now???

" This rubbish was sent out by email Tuesday this week by Yarrive. So what the hell is he doing especially with a title like that?

Subject: Yarrive Konsky suspends position at ASBK

about an hour ago near Melbourne,
    Victoria ·

To all my friends and family and team and sport fans i need to take some time out and focus on me, i know this may seem selfish. I hope everyone understands and can appreciate that i am not turning my back on anyone. I have enjoyed

all of the communication, i have loved making new friends and reconnecting with old ones.

I need to start living, rather than just surviving. It’s been so great to share my journey with everyone and i have been overwhelmed by people’s responses. The private messages of support and appreciation have meant so much.

This isn’t forever, but for now i am out. You can read about the team and the events as well as our adventures if you get on to HondaMX (on FB and our website –www.hondamx.com.au)

or the events on Australian Supercross Championship (on FB orwww.australiansupercross.com.au)

and or ASBK – Australian Superbike Championship (on FB or www.asbk.com.au).

For now....i leave you with this;

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. I have spent too long dreaming about other people’s dreams and not focusing on mine (I hide behind many insecurities – i was scared of failing but more scared of actually making it, there are too many people knocking down those that strive to be better). . The only way to make someone else’s life truly better is to make yours happy and fulfilling – everything else purely shadows the truth – especially when you can’t face it and you hide behind other peoples realities.

Robert Kennedy was shot for thinking outside of the square – He said “There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?”

I think the same, have always and will always – i dont want to change for anyone, and i will no longer be beaten by those who are insecure and or jealous. I have fought for my place in life and will keep fighting and will always fight for my beliefs, my beliefs for the sport i love, my beliefs for my friends, family and fellow riders as well as the world. My biggest let down is i stopped dreaming for many reasons. Simply put dreams take dedication, discipline, courage and most of all – belief. I let people interfere with my path, my dreams and my beliefs. I stopped believing and i was being beaten, but i can’t let that continue. When i stare at my reflection in the mirror i am not happy with what stares back. I need to fight more, harder and with more determination.

Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent, this is so true and speaks volumes.. Without struggle there is no progression because if we didn’t struggle we would never change.

I was on the brink of quitting the fight to make many differences, the past few years have been hard. The industry is hurting, seeing riders and friends get hurt, relationships and most important the health of family - but i cant quit, i never have. 18 years ago when i was working nights in McDonalds, delivering Pizza in the afternoons and working in a nightclub on weekend’s cant have been for nothing. I havent done everything right, i have fought battles that i should have let go, i have drifted from family and friends, i have been selfish at times to get to where i am. But the loneliest road travelled isn’t always the best. After all of the struggles i find myself standing alone. I never desired to pull people through these struggles.

For me, i thought that would be selfish pulling people through my desperation to make a difference, but rather than ask if they wanted to share in my passion and align themselves with my visions i selfishly decided for them.

This came about for many reasons; the most obvious one is simple. After too many unfilled promises and offerings you stop asking – but without change, without believing that not everyone is the same you merely become the background. So here is me, telling everyone change is inevitable if you want a difference in your life and don’t be afraid to ask for help, and don’t be afraid to believe in someone, something and yourself. Two hearts beat stronger than one....find the one that completes you.

For now....i am making change. I need to, please forgive me if i have offended you, please forgive me if i have done wrong by you, please accept that i need to do this and to all my friends and family and supporters please don’t disappear.

Please like the team and or our events page, i will get on there from time to time to let you know how we are travelling, how i am travelling.

I am going to race the Australian Motocross Championship 30 – 39yr class; round 1 is in 4 weeks. I missed out last year and the year before that was rushed with everything going on. I don’t know how i will go, i am coming off two injuries

that put me in hospital. I have trained these past two months with a greater trainer and friend Scott Landman, it hasn’t been easy personally and professionally with everything i have had going on as well as my body being tired and sore after 28 broken bones. I have no expectations, but i needed to face my fears and go for it again. I love riding my bike, its a freedom of expression, no different to art or music. I get lost in it, i connect and i feel free. Never stop doing what you love, if you do, i can promise you a part of you will die and as a cool spirited man said - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today – James Dean.

Its not good bye, its see you later,

Yarrive. "