Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What's everyone's thoughts on the Buell XB12S?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Rohancarrall, Jul 23, 2012.

1. As stated in the title I am wondering what people think of the Buell XB12S.
    Not too sure about year models or anything really. There's a "bikie" at work who has one and it is sexy as anything! But I rarely see him.

2. I did have a xb12x.

With Buell the younger the better as they did sometimes beta test with customers.

If you are looking for Japanese experience you will be disappointed, they are simple but they have some niggly designs. You won't get the top end rush but they are real world quick.

Even with the issues and being defunct I would own another. Not as my only bike though.
  3. Probably the only Buell to have established a genuine cult following, but they are not for everyone. Shake like a shaggy dog at idle, although it smooths out acceptably at road speed. The cooling fan cuts in frequently, and it's deafening. Otherwise, the motor is fine for grunting around town and twisties but gets a bit breathless before most comparable bikes on open roads.

Handling and braking are impressive, when everything is working properly. Which, unfortunately, is not all the time.
  4. Thanks for the responses guys. With anything though I guess you can't expect it to be perfect all the time.

I guess I will have to keep an ear/eye and see if any are available... or convice the guy at work to sell me his haha.
  5. Will that be after you tell him--his bike is sexy---
  6. Maybe if I say it looks like the first days of Spring he will not see it as a pitbull and want to get rid of it asap
  7. That should work sugarplum.