Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Whats a rear hugger?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by wheels44, May 29, 2007.

1. OK i tried a search already. Prob a stupid question but i gotta know! Thanx

2. Most modern sports bikes have a high seat to allow for suspension travel, and there is a big distance between the rear wheel and the underside of the seat. Since most bikes also have only a basic 'mudguard' a hugger fits close to the tyre and catches the water and stuff that would otherwise be thrown up onto your back.

Expect to pay anywhere between $180 - $350 depending on materials used (plastic is cheaper, carbon-fibre is dearer) and watch out for fake plastic one that LOOK like carbon-fibre, at carbon-fibre prices!!

see here, the red bike a few down is a Honda Hornet, and that's what my bike looks like
    http://www.amcmotorcycles.com/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=d243.html

3. Ahhhhhhh those things! haha :grin: Thank you sir

4. Commonly knowm as a 69r :shock: carbon fibre would be a bit harsh and plastic a bit cold :grin:

5. Stop being silly!

A rear hugger is someone that cuddles your bum.

6. A rear hugger is what you are when you're big spoon. From the little spoon perspective, they're the rear huggee.

Generally it's a piece of carbon fibre or plastic that attaches to the swingarm, and is pretty damned close to the rear wheel. Stops stuff getting flung onto the rear shock.

7. that's really dear for a piece of plastic...... and even more for carbon fibre.

8. i would have expected better from you hornet!! :p

a greenie is a tree-hugger, so therefore, a rear-hugger can only be a fan of Loz :LOL:

9. ^^ :LOL:

i 2nd that