Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What's a good price - new CBR 1000RR?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by ps, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Hi,
    I'm interested in possibly buying a '04 CBR 1000RR (by then it could be a '05 model seeing how time flies!) an am wondering what would be a good/fair price to pay for a new one. Anywhere in Australia. Especially South Australia. Would appreciate any contribution.

Cheers.

2.  Top
  3. Nice bike choice!!
    Don't limit yourself to buying in SA as there are only a couple of Honda dealers (Honda World, Peter Stevens and Bills). If you can spare the time to ride a bike back from Melbourne or Sydney(or you can spare $400 for freight), you will probably get a better deal. The dealers in Adelaide hate discounting anything and I'm sure they ring each other to warn them that you're on your way!! Can't help you on the price, but I would be inclined to try hard to get a stack of new gear thrown in as i wouldn't be skimping on the protective gear on the new bike. Enjoy.

4. A fair price would be less than what I paid for mine, being the full RRP. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: But then again I did get mine the Saturday morning after the Tuesday that they came into Peter Stevens in the city, second 1000RR out the door by only 3/4 of an hour.

I've been told there were ones (can't remember where, I quickly block that information from my mind so I didn't cry myself to sleep each night) for $16k + on roads in Melbourne and Doin' Bikes up in Sydney was offering them for $17k + on roads. But those were from a few months ago, and I have no idea what the SA options are like.

5.  Top
  6. 16 - 17 K for a Hoonda ya got to be shittin me. Don't they give em away with vouchers in Corn Flakes box's.

7. Hi Jimi, afc 9798, matt232 (yea, and you too, Dazza)
    To everyone, thanks for your contributions and great links. Good to hear you didn't cry yourself to sleep matt232 - not every night anyway. :)

So what can I say to Dazza?

Any idea about comprehensive insurance? Forgot to mention this earlier.

8. 1000RR is pretty good for full com because the HISS system knocks a bit off. Still its a 16-18K sportsbike so you are still looking at a decent slab of cash.

I think mine came out to about $900, I'm 28, rating one and the bike is stored in a locked garage both at home and work but riding every day went against me a bit.

I've just installed a BikeBandit so I'm hoping that will knock the premium down (5% less with Swann) a bit more as well.

Which reminds me I should document all the aftermarket gear and inform the insurance company.