Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Whats a girl to do ?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Mrs Scumbag, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Have just been informed by the boss that the giant global corporation that is my employer would like me to use some of my accumulated annual leave between now & the end of October.........three days to be exact.

Sigh !!!

sooooo, having a track day booked for the 7th of Sep, I am now looking at Superbike School dates for the end of October :grin: :grin: :grin:

Level 3 on Monday 29th of October is looking pretty good right now :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If I could afford it, I would be packing track days/school days in on every damm day I have to take off........however as Scumbag knows to his never ending sorrow.......I dont earn that much :cry:

2. Normally when people gloat like this, I call them utter b@st@rds and say I hate them.

But for Mrs Scumbag, exceptions will be made due to the supply of brownies.
    (Plus I just ate Sus's last Milkyway, and have no way of replacing her chocolate. Am I in trouble?)

Have fun Elle, and go fast!!

3. What's a girl to do indeed! LOL

Sounds like you've got it covered!

Rock on Mrs Scumbag. :grin:

By the way, I'm jealous. :|

4. ah the sacrifices one must make, I guess this karma for putting up with Mr Scumbag :LOL: :LOL:

5. You're gonna get real good use out of those Tiger Angels, for what they're worth! Have fun :)

6. With such close proximity to the Turismo, I'd suggest allowing an even greater margin for error than usual at CSBS, although I do know at least one decent chap in Ducati spares...
    Oh and since level 3 is where you learn to hang off, perhaps a visit to TA to have some titanium elbow and shoulder sliders installed. :p

7. LOL - you are so funny G......

I fully expect to come out of Level 3 bug eyed & fully aware of how much further I need to go in terms of improving my riding skills.

A girl can but only dream of one day being able to maintain "The Pace"

8. Have fun, is the main thing, and as you're whistling down the main straight, dream of the day when you will stuff it in a little deeper under brakes than the old man and beat him to the apex :LOL: :LOL:.

9. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

what I'd really like to do is to overtake him on the outside & then stuff it through the next corner ahead of him :cheeky:

10. Your going up to Eastern Creek for Level 3???

check the small print on the calender :p

Seems we have Sept 10/11 or Oct 18/19 at Phillip Island

Let me know what you decide as am keen to do Level 3 too :grin:

11. Just checked - monday sept 10th is sold out ........ we shall speak on sunday Elle :)

12. Yipe !! thanks for that BB....

Friday 18th Oct looks like the day.

13. Wooot !! My baby is back from her power kit upgrade, now have 15 more HP to play with on the 18th.......new oval exhausts too.......so ya can hear me coming :twisted:

14. That bad girl is going to rumble now!!! rockdouble.

And so will the bike! hehehee

15. El, you ride a Ducati - we can always hear you coming!!!

And I expect to see only your rear tyre from now on... :grin:

16. Well that was a total Hoot !!!!

Weather was absolutely perfect although a bit windy by the end of the day & I even managed to end up a touch sunburned. :oops:

Level 3 is all about body position on the bike & how to get the right position on the bike without getting crossed up or becoming unstable.

I have learned a couple of things from yesterday:

1. I swear I have muscles I never knew existed & they are all lined up this morning to complain !!

2. stretch panels in your leather suit are critical....Idiot me didnt think they were & went for a more touring orientated suit from Tiger Angel. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb !! Lack of movement really ended up hampering what I could push myself to do yesterday......back to see Julie & Steve for some suit alteration methinks.

However, minor issues aside; by the end of the day my instructor had me moving my arse from one side of the bike to the other & I was really starting to get the hang of the whole body position thing. I didnt want the sessions to end I was having so much fun :grin: :grin: :grin:

As for my extra 15 horsies..........well she sounds loud & mean now & the engine has a whole lot of extra torque - :twisted: :twisted:

And I got another nice surprise as I was packing up & leaving - I had won the free track day prize that The Waves appartments hand out to anyone attending the school who stays with them overnight :grin: :grin: :grin:

what a perfect end to an awesome day.

There were LOTs of people at the island who have come from interstate to attend the GP & then stayed on to do the two school days & the two track days over the weekend. - Thats one hell of a financial commitment there. It made me realise how lucky us Victorians are to have such a magnificent track in our backyard - our own local playground so to speak.

17. Sounds fantastic Elle - glad you had a great time. Might have to so some series contemplations re: dec 17/18 .......

18. Way to go Mrs Scumbag!! WOOOOT!

Ok, I'd better get off my arse and get my bike happening... I'm missing out on way to much fun!!

19. I thought I saw you there on Thursday!!! I was there watching Cruisingal and Nikki do level 1. Sounds like you had an awesome time! Must do this on the VTR for some fun and learning. :)