Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What's a "998 Mussy engine" ?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Ktulu, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Hi guys, looking at a bike ad that says it has one of these engines.

Google doesn't turn up any info for me & I want to know if I should avoid buying the bike or not.

First unhelpful person to answer "ahhh, it's an engine" gets stabbed in the pancreas :grin:
  2. ahhhh it's an engine!
  3. Mussy is the birth place of Jean-Joseph-Étienne Lenoir, inventor of the internal combustion engine :grin:

Depending what the hell your talking about "Mussy engine" is also a common used abreviation for a Mustang engine
  4. Here ya' go!

Invoice in the post. :grin:

EDIT: There are countless hits on on bike sites regarding same. Google the proper spelling and you'll get plenty of info
  5. Ahah! Thanks. I owe you a coke.

Well jeez... now all my sensible reasons for getting a ZX9R [comfy, stable, brilliant tourer] are giving way to "You're basically buying a litre bike now anyway".

Hmmm, anyone heard of this mod before? Is the bike still reliable etc?
  6. So what.
    Now you dont know the deference between an S and a Z?????
    Fark the education system has lot to answer for these days :p
  7. Wut? Me no understandy
  8. Pharrk! What pump rocket fuel can you buy in Aust that runs in a 13:1 comp engine? I dont know how much Avgas is but thats what you'd be looking at I think.
  9. Shell V-Power Racing.
  10. That will run fine on 98 octane fuel.

Many production sports bikes have a CR of 12.5:1 or higher and only need regular unleaded.

My track bike is 13.5:1 and runs fine on regular premium.
  11. Its an engine that muzza's use
  12. well its not a pussy engine at least!