Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What would happen if...

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by green_envy, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Hey Guys & Girls,

so after a few beers, I decided it was time to service the Baby Ninja (1991 Kawasaki ZXR250A) today.

I enlisted the help of a friend who is a fellow rider to make the job at hand a little easier.

Now my question is, what would happen if you applied just a little too much filter oil to the foam air filter and forgot to squeeze out the excess oil before putting the bike back together?

Miraculously, we managed to add the right amount of engine oil, replace the oil filter, and spaced the spark plugs correctly.

So, is anything bad going to happen now???
  2. :shock:

you'll be fine!

3. Why is the bloke with the hammer wearing one of Adultshop's finest?
  4. I'm guessing that would be his cool skater nylon belt actually.
  5. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

6. took me a while to work out but fark i rofl'd when i did
  7. LOLZ

Probably to visibly explaine his actions :LOL:
  8. +1

Pat, you're looking far too closely...

9. It may run a little rich and feel like your riding with the choke on a bit.
    Airflow will possibly be reduced, but thats about it.

As long as it wasnt dripping oil all over the place when you put it in it should be ok, but if your worried just pull the tank and airbox off and give it a bit of a squeeze and let it dry out a bit.
  10. ... unless you intend to carry out a seismic survey.
  11. Of course he is - just look at his signature:
    He likes hammers, and that guy just buggered one up!
  12. After you've run the bike for a bit, pull the inlet boots back and spray some carbie cleaner into the idle air jets and choke air jets. You may end up with that gummy oil in those air jets.

do it whilst the bike is idling.
  13. If you take the bike for a decent ride, you will get rid of the excess oil.
  14. Now that sounds like the easier and more enjoyable option. :grin:
  15. As I found out recently over oiling the air filter will most likely rob you of power. Your bike will most likely run rich and foul plugs earlier than it otherwise would. I guess it depends on how over oiled it was as to how bad the effect will be.