Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What would be a good second bike.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by spottedninja, May 10, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I am thinking about picking up another bike. I would be looking for a 600cc or similar sports bike preferebly with a very aggresive seating position. I would be happy to pay up to $5000. I do not know too much about the older generation of sport bikes. If someone could tell me what is reliable and good value it would be appreciated.

2. I recently picked up an R6 as a comparison ride to the existing ZZR600....chalk & cheese.... All good fun!!:woot:
  3. Have you broken the R1?
  4. Nah, my boss is having a fit about me riding down to melbourne for trade school something about fatigue management . Thought i might just buy a bike and leave it down there.

5. Any of the super sports have been good over the years - each has their own unique characteristics. I've always had a soft spot for the Kawasaki tho. No logic behind it, just something I like.

That being said, I'm a big bloke and don't haven't found any of the 600 class sports bikes rideable for a number of years. Found them just too small in the setup.

Since you want aggressive, I'd stay away from th Honda cbr600 as its a little too vanilla in my opinion.

No denying tho, they are great, cheap fun.
  6. 6's are all about handling. The 636 is a great bike but you have an R1.
    For mine and for 5 G I would b looking at an 05 CBRR. They don't take much to be made great. A fantastic front end and that is where it's at.
    The R6 is good but.....I don't think it handles as well as the Honda or can be made to, cause you could spend that making the Honda even better.
    Always had a soft spot for the earlier GXR's too. A bit fat but a brilliant bike