Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

What was on in Broadford today, 10 April?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by kardia, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Anyone know?

PS, I know the Bike Bonanza is on tomorrow and Sunday.

2. Classic meeting, lots of old bikes, Wayne Gardner, Kel Carruthers, HUGE meeting.
  3. Are you down here yet, Paul?
  4. Sadly no, my friend. I had an accident in our car the other day, and the nest-egg for the trip is going to be absorbed into the insurance excess and replacing the car. I hope that in the second week of the holidays I may be able to make a shorter trip to Melbourne, and see you and others of my good friends there.
  5. Sorry to hear that, mate. Be sure to let me know when you are coming down.
  6. The Chairman and I were down there today. Top event all 'round. Mandy Beales was there cutting fast laps on her champion winning bike at the same time as Kel Carruthers was getting out there for the crowd. There is a great display of classic racers in the pits areas where Mark and I spent quite a bit of time.

anyone going down should also check out the flat track bikes and side cars ripping up the dirt oval, bloody good fun.

The entry is $25 and while not a cheap entry it is worth it for a wide selection of entertainment and bike p0rn.
  7. Deyago and I went up there today. Magic! Got to watch Kel circulating on the Norton, Malcolm Campbell was riding, Mandy Beales was carving up everyone else on the track.

Wandering through the pits was great - screaming strokers (like the tiny Kreidlers), thumping singles, howling 6-pot beasties.

All four tracks were in use - I thought tarmac sidecar racing looked insane, until I checked out the speedway sidecars.

If you get a chance to go on Sunday, grab it.
  8. I agree.
  9. Broadford Today

We went today and were surprised how good the whole show was.
    M. Beales, screaming MV's and yep the sidecars on the dirt are insane.
    luved the coffee :cool: